The ALS Environmental laboratory in Middletown, Pennsylvania is one of the largest ALS laboratories in the United States. We have provided government agencies and the business community with quality analytical solutions in the areas of environmental testing, industrial hygiene and field services for over 25 years. Within our modern 26,000 square-foot facility located in Middletown, Pennsylvania and multiple service centers, we possess the necessary expertise, personnel, instrumentation and certifications to perform analyses on a variety of sample matrices.
ALS employs expert analysts who understand all aspects of environmental testing and quality assurance for environmental compliance and restoration programs including RCRA, Superfund, Clean Water, Clean Air and Safe Drinking Water. Our internal data validation ensures that analytical results are technically and legally defensible and project requirements have been met. Our data has met the tough requirements of the US Environmental Protection Agency (CLP Program), US Army Corps of Engineers, US Department of Defense and most state programs.
ALS delivers the best, and we are proud of our stellar track record. We will not settle for the status quo when performance excellence is our goal. ALS recognizes you have a choice, and we are committed to your success. Call us to arrange a laboratory tour or speak with one of our Project Managers to see how we can assist you on your testing requirements.
Sample Receiving Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
34 Dogwood Lane
Middletown, PA 17057 USA
Main Phone: +1 717 944 5541
Convenient Service Center Locations
At ALS, we bring exceptional service to your front door with convenient service centers and courier services located throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia. These service centers allow you to drop off your samples at a location near you, and we will ship them to the laboratory for analysis.
- Chambersburg, PA: +1 717 263 8800
- Columbia, MD: +1 410 290 8884
- Harrisburg, PA: +1 717 540 3424
- South Charleston, WV: +1 304 356 3168
- Spring City, PA: +1 610 948 4903
- Washington, PA: +1 724 503 4786
- York, PA: +1 717 505 5280
Complete List of Capabilities
Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy
- Priority Pollutants
- Target Compound List
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Total Toxic Organics
- Library Search (Tentatively Identified Compounds)
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Organohalide Pesticides
- Carbamate Pesticides
- GC Fingerprint
- TPH by GC/FID
- Chlorinated Herbicides
- Organophosphorus Pesticides
- Organic Acids
- Elemental Analysis by ICP
- Elemental Analysis by ICP/MS
- Mercury by Cold Vapor
- Inorganic Chemicals (IOCs)
- Target Analyte List (23 elements)
- Priority Pollutant Metals
- RCRA Metals (8 elements)
- TCLP Metals (8 elements)
Water Quality - Wet Chemistry
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Fats, Oils and Grease
- Nitrogens - Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Total Kjeldahl, Total Organic
- Solids - Total, Total Dissolved, Total Suspended, Total Volatile, Total Fixed
- Specific Conductance
- Sulfate, Sulfide, Sulfite
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Total Organic Halogen (TOX)
- Total Coliform
- Fecal Coliform
- Standard Plate Coun
- Iron Bacteria
Click here for other ALS downloadable resources.