For All Materials, we can provide the right destructive and mechanical tests to tell you the material properties you need to know.
Mechanical testing is the science of testing the mechanical properties, e.g. strength, toughness, hardness etc, of materials.
ALS maintains market leading capability in our laboratories both in terms of mechanical testing capability and capacity.
Combined with our engineering teams, ALS assists our clients with mechanical testing across most material types. We pride ourselves on reliable NATA endorsed testing services, with prompt advice and report turnaround.
ALS provides services such as:
- Determination of Carbon Equivalent for Weld Testing
- Verification of whether materials meet all specifications, including Hardness, Chemical Analysis, Strength and Toughness.
- Materials Interchangeability Services, that is determining which grade of material to use to replace an existing component.
- Laboratory and On Site Chemical Analysis of metallic components.
- All materials and mechanical testing requirements for Welding e.g. PQR / WPS testing.
ALS Mechanical Testing services covers a broad range of tests and products, including;
Major materials groups
- Metals including Aluminium, Copper, Nickel, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Titanium Alloys
- Plastic Materials, with particular expertise in HDPE Pipeline Testing
- Cement and Concrete Products
Major Product Types, including:
- Welder Qualification and Procedure qualifications (WPS, PQR) for all applications.
- Weld Production Test Plates
- Steel Fabrications
- Consumer Products
Specific Mechanical Test Types
- Hardness Testing (including common methods such as Brinell, Vickers, Vickers Microhardness, Knoop)
- Bend Testing
- Chemical Analysis - On Site (PMI) and Laboratory
- Graphite Assessments (Cast Irons)
- Corrosion Testing (ASTM G48)
- Impact Testing (Charpy and Izod at controlled temperatures)
- Tensile and Compression Testing
- Drop Weight Tear Testing
- Fatigue Testing
- Fracture Mechanics
- Proof Load Testing
- Shear Testing
- Spring Testing
- Fillet Break Tests
- Nick Break Tests
We combine these tests with leading engineering and inspection solutions to provide an holistic testing service, learn more at our pages below or contact us direct.