Looking for a comprehensive consulting and testing company to ensure weld quality? ALS is your partner.
Welding remains one of the most common and useful methods by which two components are joined.
The versatility that the many manual and automatic welding processes afford, combined with many different joint design options, allow designers and manufacturers alike many practical options.
However, to navigate this complex set of options and successfully design, specify and create quality welds that meet functional requirements at a competitive cost, our clients need:
- Expert knowledge of the many welding processes available.
- Expert knowledge of the many local and international standards to which:
- Production Welds,
- Procedure Qualification Records (PQR) and Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS),
- Welders themselves and
- The companies that manage and complete welded fabrication,
Are required to comply.
- Varying levels of independent quality control and non-destructive inspection (NDT / NDE / NDI) to ensure that products are made to sometimes highly detailed client requirements.
ALS assists industry of all sizes to ensure that welding is created to the quality required for the application.
ALS expertise answers questions like:
- How can I save money with regards to welder qualifications?
- Does my weld comply with the appropriate standard?
- How can I reduce weld repairs / cut outs?
- Which standards apply to the welds I am producing?
- What range of works does my PQR / WPS qualify me for?
- What NDT techniques should I use to test this weld?
- Am I using the best welding process for this joint type?
- What is the most effective way to qualify my welders for this work?
- Is my welding process optimised for best production outcomes?
The ALS advantage in weld testing and advice comes from our expert people, combined with a comprehensive weld testing suite that takes advantage of the most up to date techniques and processes to deliver efficient results.
Services ALS provides include:
- Mechanical testing of welds including applicable destructive tests expected to demonstrate compliance to Australian and International standards.
- Non-Destructive testing using traditional NDT and advanced NDT methods.
- Combined NDT and Mechanical Testing Services, to allow our clients to qualify both:
- Welders; and
- Weld Procedures (WPS and PQR testing)
- Weld Inspection Services. ALS inspectors maintain deep industry experience and appropriate qualifications including AS 2214, CSWIP, AS 1796-10 (Cert 10), WTIA and IIW IWS qualifications as required.
- Weld Process and Quality Control Audits.
- Welding Process Optimisation services.
- Verification of Parent and Weld Metal properties, including:
- Carbon Equivalent (CEq)
- Full materials chemical composition analysis and mechanical properties (including strength, hardness and impact strength).
- Options for selecting other materials types for repairs (Materials Interchangeability).
Learn more about ALS staff and our testing capabilities relevant to welding at the below links or contact us directly to learn more.