The ALS Well Intervention External Dimple Coiled Tubing Connector is used when the internal surface of the Coiled Tubing is unable to provide a sealing surface, due to pitting from acid or corrosion.
The larger bore of this connector enables higher flow rates and larger drop-ball sizes to be used. The assembly is also useful when an external end connector with a minimal OD is required.
The outer surface of the Coiled Tubing is prepared using emery cloth to provide a sealing surface. Using the ALS Well Intervention External Dimpling Tool, the surface of the Coiled Tubing can be dimpled. The connector is then installed over the end of the Coiled Tubing, and the dimpling screws are tightened into the impressions made from the dimpling tool.
- Simple Design
- Internal Reaming NOT Required
- Standard & H2S Service Versions Available
- Simple Maintenance in the Field
- Suitable For All Wall Thicknesses of a Given Coiled Tubing OD
- Allows Full-Bore Flow Through the Connector
- Perfect Solution For Light Applications Such as Nitrogen (N2) Lifting or Fluid Pumping
- Useful Alternative When Internal Connectors Are Unable to Provide a Seal
|Tool OD||Coil OD & W/t||Tensile Yield||Torsional Yield||Standard Connections|
|Ø2-1/8"||Ø1-½"||63,000 lbs||1,375 ft-lbs||1-½" AMMT|
|Ø2-¼"||Ø1-¾"||63,000 lbs||1,375 ft-lbs||1-½" AMMT|
|Ø2-1/8"||Ø2.000"||63,000 lbs||1,375 ft-lbs||2-3/8" PAC DSI|
|Ø2-7/8"||Ø2-3/8"||63,000 lbs||1,375 ft-lbs||2-3/8" PAC DSI|
- Other sizes and connections available on request
- Yield values shown are for standard service tools