Our environmental laboratory provides full analytical testing services specializing in metals, volatile and semi-volatile organics, inorganics, nutrients and microbiological analysis in a wide range of sample matrices covering soil, surface water, wastewater, groundwater, drinking water, seawater, sediments, waste, air, and biota. Our chemists have valuable experience working on projects related to the chemical, electronics, petroleum, mining, marine, agriculture and waste management industries.
We provide accredited testing services according to the APHA, USEPA, ASTM, ISO, MS and JIS Standards as part of our global commitment in meeting industry requirements in both local as well as international arenas.
- Drinking / Potable Water (WHO Guidelines)
- Seawater / Riverwater
- Wastewater Effluent Discharge
- Groundwater / Passive groundwater sampling
- Swimming pool / Cooling tower
- Offshore Produced Water Characterization
- Oil Spill Characterisation
- Field sampling services
- Online water monitoring systems
- Contaminated Site Assessment Analysis (USEPA / Dutch / JIS)
- Marine Sediment
- Hazardous Waste Characterization (TCLP / TTLC)
- Agricultural soil
- Soil gas
- RoHS / WEEE Compliance Testing
- Stack Emission (USEPA, MS Standards)
- Dust / Acids / Heavy Metals / Organics
- Dioxins & Furans
- Ambient Air (USEPA)
- Dust / Acids / Heavy Metals / Organics
- SUMMA Canister sampling
- Vapour intrusion
- Odour investigation
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Ultra-Trace Metals (ppt levels)
- Mercury and Arsenic Speciation
- Microbiological (SRB, Legionella, Pathogen)
- Microtox / Ecotoxicology
- Ultra-Trace Organics (ppt levels)
- OrganoTin compounds
- Dioxin/ Furans/ PCB Congeners (USEPA Method 1613)
- Asbestos Identification
- On-site laboratory management and setup services
We offer a wide array of analytical testing services to support industrial hygiene testing services and to assist our clients in promoting human health. Our counterpart lab in the United States have been accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) since 1974, and served as the primary method development contract laboratory for the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health for over 30 years.
We provide accredited testing services on hazardous chemicals in the workplace following NIOSH, OSHA, and USEPA criteria in a wide range of sample matrices covering airborne contaminants (sorbent tubes, passive samplers, impinger solutions), swabs, surface wipes, bulk samples and biological fluids (blood and urine).
- Heavy Metals
- Welding / Solder fumes profile (Al, Cd, Cr, Cu, Pb, Mn, Mo, Ni, V, Zn)
- Mercury and Mercury Speciation
- Total And Respirable Particulates
- Organic compounds
- BTEX, Aromatic Hydrocarbon,
- Chlorinated solvents, Pesticides,
- Diesel Particulate, PAHs, Coal Tar Volatiles
- Microbiological (Bacteria, Legionella, Mold, Endotoxin)
- Acid Gases
- Asbestos Identification (PLM, PCM, TEM techniques)
- Urinary Biomarkers
- Benzene metabolites (S-PMA, Phenol, Muconic acid)
- Inorganic / Organic Mercury
- n-Hexane metabolite (2,5 Hexanedione)
- Pesticides (Cholinesterase)
- Toluene (Hippuric acid)
Consumer Products Services
Supply chains are global and it's now more critical than ever before to understand yours. Global markets expect supply chains that are legal, have social integrity, and most importantly do not compromise the well-being of the people involved in them.
ALS helps you to perform and document the selection and approval process of suppliers through tailor-made factory audit programs with reference to international quality systems, environmental and social accountability standards that meet your needs. This professional service helps you select new suppliers as well as assess the performance of existing ones.
A factory audit can be performed on different aspects of your process, and include (but are not limited to):
- Factory facilities
- Production flows
- Quality systems
- Warehouse capabilities
- Worker welfare and Child Labour
- Legal compliance
A professional ALS factory audit report helps your understanding of potential suppliers, before placing the order.
ALS' inspection team is highly mobile and has a reputation for providing professional on-site services. As an independent third party we are free from any conflict of interest, and are able to follow our clients manufacturing projects and purchasing plans from city to city.
An ALS inspection report minimises your risk of sub-standard products leaving the factory and entering the market, helping to protect your brand reputation, and reduce any negative commercial risk.
An ALS hub network located across mainland China as well as in different Asian countries allows inspectors to be on site in your factory between 6 hours and 48 hours of your booking, depending on the urgency of your needs. ALS inspectors are trained industry professionals with experience specific to your nominated product categories. These teams have specialist experience across a range of product lines including toys, nursery, general merchandises, electronics and softlines items.
As your inspection partner, ALS' goal is to provide you with confidence in the quality of the manufactured products, and avoid defective products reaching final customers.
Initial Production Check (IPC)
ALS helps clients to identify problems in order to plan for a suitable solution. The initial start-up production process is key to product quality. ALS engineers intervene to report on the manufacturing status at the early stage of production. We check inventory records, critical material compliance, head count on the production line, workmanship and select samples for testing. We deliver useful control data and assist the client to set up the relevant control matrix.
Production monitoring (PM)
ALS can monitor on-site production processes and work closely with factories to improve the process and ensure work consistency. This can identify and eliminate defects from beginning to the end of the production, underlying the importance of keeping the factory accountable and making you aware any problems at different production stages.
During Production Inspection (DUPRO)
ALS inspectors select representative samples to determine if the quality problems previously detected have been resolved. By communicating results with the management of the factory, future progress can be determined to ensure the consignment meets the shipment schedule. Sealed samples from the representative sample size are prepared by ALS inspectors and sent to accredited laboratories for product safety testing upon request (i.e. due diligence testing).
Final Random Inspection (FRI)
With production complete, ALS coordinates and performs a final examination of the goods. The service confirms all contractual and technical requirements are built into the product before shipment.
Final Random Inspection is the most common inspection service. Internationally recognised sampling methods are applied to establish a representative sample size for inspection. ALS will then check for quality, quantity, workmanship, functionality, cosmetics, assortment, marking, and the packaging condition. The inspection report includes photos to highlight any of the commercial defects that have been identified.
Loading Supervision (LS)
Before shipping to buyers, ALS counts and loads products, and seals containers at the factory or port to ensure integrity of products shipped can meet buyers' requirements.
ALS can provide a wide range of testing services according to different international requirements.
As one of the world’s largest quality assurance companies, ALS laboratories have well-trained experts to assist with product compliance according to the latest standards and technologies.
ALS laboratories carry a range of local and international accreditations, including:
- UKAS accreditation – 7660
- CPSC Registration – 1081
- CNAS accreditation – L3783
- AQSIQ Certification – 194
Equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, ALS laboratories provide a wide range of testing services across multiple product categories including toys, nursery, general merchandises, electronics and softlines.
Key testing services include:
- Chemical and Analytical Tests
- Physical and Mechanical Tests
- Performance and Reliability Tests
- Nursery and Childcare Tests
- Food Contact and Food Packaging Tests
- Electrical and Electronic Tests
Apart from providing routine testing compliance services, we also provide buyers and vendors with technical consultation, product risk assessment, seminars as well as trainings.
As your testing and inspection partner, ALS is pleased to offer a TOTAL QUALITY SOLUTION that will exceed your quality needs and expectation.
Today's market is complicated and speed-to-market is important. Many business challenges facing retailers and buyers particularly include:
- How to effectively select new suppliers and monitor existing suppliers performance?
- How to ensure on-time delivery of quality products and avoid product recalls?
- How to meet with regulatory, safety and performance requirements of specific products?
Retailers and buyers need great support from quality partners to provide customised programs in different production stages. The programs designed are based on clients’ products, export markets as well as QA budget. ALS provides tailor-made Supplier Chain Management Solutions highlighted in the flowchart below, covering appropriate quality assurance services throughout the different production stages. In addition, ALS' client web portal Webtrieve™ offers data management and vendor performance assessment.
Key benefits of the ALS Supplier Chain Management Solutions means:
- consistent testing and analysis throughout the different quality assurance services
- a customised program across the different production stages
- clients have access to a cost-effective, smart solution.