Here is where you're going to describe the service in more detail. Overview what great solutions we can offer.
ALS provides expert consulting engineering services with the ability to solve complex problems across a vast array of fields.
With hundreds of years of combined experience, our team of metallurgists, materials engineers, mechanical engineers and scientists can rise to any challenge and has the horsepower to ensure that, when needed, answers can be provided according to critical client deadlines.
Specific services include:
- Assessment of Remaining Life
- Material selection, identification, condition assessment and repair strategies
- Metallography and microstructural characterisation, including on site replication services
- Analysis of Fatigue Cracking
- Stress and strain measurement via Strain Gauging
- Failure Investigation and Root cause analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Corrosion investigation and mitigation
- Coating assessment and specification
- Concrete diagnostics and repair strategies
- Creep and creep fatigue analysis of high temperature plant
- Evaluation of cracks and flaws using fracture mechanics
- Weld procedure development and review
- Fitness for Service Assessments (all levels)
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Determination of appropriate inspection & maintenance programs based on asset type and likely damage mechanisms
- Development and review of condition management programs
- Litigation support and expert witness
The ALS advantage is our ability to marry high level consulting engineers and scientists with our broad testing capability. This means that when you engage ALS to examine your complex engineering problems, you can be confident that we will provide our experts with access to the right tests, and therefore the best information upon which they can make decisions.
Metallography and Microstructural Characterisation by Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
Metallography and Microstructural characterisation are the acts of examining and determining the microstructure of materials / metals.Both services utilise microscopy to determine important material characteristics and properties.
- They are essential elements in determining the answer to many important materials questions including:
- Has my component been manufactured properly?
- Has my component been heat treated correctly?
- What is the nature of corrosion occurring in my component?
- What is the cracking mechanism present?
- What is the cause of failure / defects / cracking in my component?
- How quickly is my component degrading from high temperature?
- What is my components remaining life?
ALS combines expert materials engineering staff with Optical and Scanning Electron Microscopes to make detailed assessment of materials condition. Scanning Electronic Microscopy (SEM) allows us both to examine in detail microstructural features and also to determine the chemical composition of microstructural phases and residual corrosive products via elemental analysis (EDAX, EDS).
By combining the power of expertise with high quality equipment, you can rely on ALS to answer your most complicated materials engineering problems.