ALS Food has an established reputation as a leading provider of analytical testing services for vitamins, additives and minerals.
Offering a comprehensive range of accredited tests, clients receive fast and accurate analysis of their samples through the use of HPLC, GC-MS, LCMS-MS, UHPLC, ICP-OES and Biacore (SPR) technology.
Along with imported goods, food is checked for a number of additives. We provide a range of tests to satisfy regulatory requirements.
Vitamins are analysed at all levels from premixes and supplements through to fortified and natural finished products.
Vitamins we routinely test include:
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B4 (Choline)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol acetate)
- Vitamin H (Biotin)
- Vitamin K1 (Phyllquinonine)
- Vitamin K3 (Menadione)
- Beta carotene (Pro Vitamin A)
Included alongside elements of nutritional chemistry testing - for example the tests offered to obtain Group 1 and Group 2 nutrition results - we also provide a number of vitamins, additives, contaminants and allergens tests.
Additives tested for include:
- Amino acids (essential and food intolerance levels)
- Antioxidants (BHA, BHT, ascorbic acid)
- Caffeine, quinine and theobromine
- Preservatives (benzoic and sorbic acids, sulphur dioxide)
- Synthetic sweeteners (aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame K, stevia)
Trace elements and minerals that we routinely test include: