ALS provides solutions for efficient on-site sample processing, mine and mill production control analysis, environmental monitoring, and exploration sample analysis.
Where project location creates a barrier to shipping large samples to the laboratory, or where the sample volume causes it to be more economical to process or pre-process samples on-site, ALS offers placement of customised, carefully designed mobile sample preparation or permanent laboratory facilities for maximum efficiency and convenience. Mobile and permanent solutions are available in all areas of our global operations.
Our mobile on-site solutions may involve large or small, ruggedly-built, highly mobile facilities that can be transported to remote locations quickly and without damage. ALS will supervise on-site installation of the facility as well as engage in management and/or staffing to follow as appropriate to the needs and conditions of the situation.
The professional staff at ALS are experienced in establishing and operating permanent on-site mine production and exploration support.
ALS has established fully outfitted operating support labs at world-class mines in the freezing conditions of the arctic, at high elevation, and in the heat of the Sahara Desert.
In addition to brand-new builds, ALS upgrade, expand and optimise existing on-site labs.
Example components of on-site mobile and permanent laboratories include:
- Laboratory equipment (supply and install)
- Inventory management (consumables, purchasing)
- Health, Safety and Environment compliance
- Quality management systems and technical oversight, lab auditing services
- Training, consulting and onsite support
- Secure data management – global lab management system, Webtrieve™, Core Viewer™
- Core and chip management, core sawing, sample collection and preparation
- Moisture, bulk density, specific gravity, and particle size distribution
- Acid digestion or fusion plus analytical instrumentation for element suite analysis (AAS, XRF, ICP-AES/MS)
- Gold and other precious metal analysis (fire assay, metallic screening, BLEG, Leachwell, bullion)
- Loss on ignition, carbon and sulfur analysis by Leco
- Davis Tube Recovery and magnetic susceptibility for iron ore
- Classical wet chemistry techniques as required