ALS has established a large purpose-built Iron Ore Technical Centre in Perth to promote a sector focussed service offering.
The ALS Iron Ore Technical Centre is located in the Perth suburb of Wangara, 28m north of the CBD. The site is 10km north of the ALS laboratory at Balcatta and 12km north-west of the ALS laboratory at Malaga. The ALS Iron Ore Technical Centre spans some 14,0002, with an under roof area of 7,000m2.
Complementing the ALS Iron Ore Technical Centre investment is a 3,600m2 sample preparation facility, also in Wangara.The ALS Iron Ore Technical Centre is not just about capacity and footprint.
The Centre allows seamless transition from exploration to metallurgical process development testwork.
ALS can provide a wide range of iron ore testing, certification and inspection services to cover project life cycles from exploration and resource definition, to process optimisation, pre-feasibility, feasibility and production support services:
- Analytical - Exploration and Resource Definition;
- Metallurgical process development and optimisation;
- Ore characterisation and beneficiation;
- Continuous pilot plant testing;
- Advanced mineralogy including spectral imaging.
- Environmental analyses;
- Used oil analysis;
- Shipment certification and inspection of concentrates;
- Mine site laboratories for grade/mill control.