The Hydraulic Indexing Tool is designed to provide slow, controlled rotation of Coiled Tubing BHA.
By simply increasing the flow rate through the nozzle within the tool, the back pressure created moves a hydraulic piston linearly downwards within the tool. This movement is transferred into a rotary motion, turning the lower end of the tool up to 120° each cycle and up to 1,000 ft/ lbs. torque.
At the end of each cycle, the torque induced is mechanically locked into the tool allowing the piston to return to its initial position. This cycling process can be repeated as often as required, simply by increasing and decreasing the fluid through the tool.
- Slow, Controlled Rotation of Coiled Tubing BHA
- Adjustable up to 120° For Each Cycle & 1,000 ft/ lbs of Torque
- Torque Mechanically Locked Into the Tool After Each Stroke
- Simple to Redress
- Pressure Drop on Surface Following Each Cycle
|Tool OD||Tensile Yield||Torsional Yield||Pressure Rating||Standard Connections|
|Ø2-1/8"||53,000 lbs||830 ft-lbs||5,000 psi||1-½" AMMT|
|Ø2-7/8"||73,300 lbs||960 ft-lbs||5,000 psi||2-7/8" PAC DSI|
- Other sizes and connections available on request
- Standard and H2S service versions available
- Yield values shown are for standard service tools