Sealed Bearing Unit
The Sealed Bearing Unit has been designed to further increase the independency of the inner barrel assembly from the outer barrel, reducing inner barrel rotation and other forces generated by the rotation of the outer barrel assembly. The sealed bearing unit also provides an ideal running environment for bearings because there is a constant supply of clean lubricant that has not been contaminated by drilling mud. This is completely different to conventional coring systems where the bearings have to operate in a hostile environment. This can lead to bearing damage, wear and possible failure; all of which is eradicated by the use of the sealed bearing system.
- Great reduction of the frictional driving force transmitted by the outer barrel onto the inner tube
- Bearing efficiency independent of the mud quality
- Combined Loads (radial and axial) are efficiently accommodated
- Reduced bearing wear
- Easy and fast maintenance
- Compatible with all existing equipment and available for all Core Barrel Sizes