Unlike a conveyed ALS system, a suspended system is installed without the requirement of a service or drilling rig
Developed and manufactured internally, the key items consist of:
- Surface Electronics (DINLine)
- Wellhead Feed-Thru (CSA, UL Class 1, Div2 approved)
- Cable Heads (fully pressure testable with Strain relief)
- Downhole Instrument Cable (TEC) (0.125” Inconel and 316Stainless)
- Downhole Sensors (Piezo, Quartz, Piezometer, Thermocouple, RTD)
As with a Conveyed system, particular attention goes into designing a Suspended Monitoring system. Most often, these require custom design as a result of the unique characteristics of each completion and wellbore configuration. Maximum run depths approach 3500 meters with wellbore environments of around 250°C.
ALS Oil & Gas has consistently led the industry in the permanent monitoring segment, with over 1200 installations globally and a success rate of greater than 97% over the past 5 years. This success can largely be attributed to our attention to detail around our clients expectations and deliverables.