ALS is committed to sustainable activities and recognises the need to plan, manage and review those aspects of the business that may have an impact on our people, property, the environment or the communities in which we operate.
Our four key sustainability pillars
We recognise that our employees are the core of our Company and that employee wellbeing is vital to our success as a business. We recognise that our businesses, technology, and people will continue to change. To enable our vision of long term sustainable growth in a changing environment we will continue to develop skilful, insightful leadership abilities and behaviours in our people. We also strive to develop the abilities of our technical experts who energise our culture of innovation.
Health & safety
Diversity & equality
Training & development
Our HSE Foundation Standard requires the ongoing review, management, and reporting of environmental impacts across all businesses and is aligned with ISO14001. Where there is a business need we gain third party accreditation for our management systems. Our goal for 2019 is for our Corporate system to achieved third party accreditation.
Operational Environmental Performance
Our most significant contributions to the local economy are from employment, procurement, and the payment of local taxes. In addition, ALS encourages the establishment of locally based programs to support the communities where our employees live and work, focusing on giving to non-profit organizations in the areas of science and education, community development, arts and culture, and environment and conservation.
Our governance framework guides and supports our business operations and activities, provides clear guidance on how authority is exercised, promotes transparency and accountability, and is fundamental to our ability to deliver on our strategy. Our framework enables us to manage potential threats, and to identify opportunities to enhance our sustainability. It defines and provides guidance on the standards of the behaviour and business ethics we expect from those who work for, or with us.
Anti-bribery & corruption
Honesty & integrity
Our achievements this year
Future targets 2019
- No fatalities.
- LTIFR < 0.95
- TRIFR < 2.57
- PPI Scorecard of ≥ 90%
- 100% of compulsory compliance training sessions completed.
- Total female employee new hires > 50%
- Complete Modern Slavery key supplier assessments.
- No unresolved complaints of negative air, noise, or land impact from surrounding neighbours.
- Nil environmental prosecutions.
- No reportable spill or uncontrolled releases.
- Complete yearly business stream waste reduction initiatives.
- Develop a global fleet register that outlines consumption of fuel per country.
- Reduce energy intensity in each business stream by > 5% by 2021.
- Establishment of “ALS Cares” (Workplace Giving Program).
- Publish taxes paid statement outlining income tax paid across all ALS entities.
- Complete annual review of all whistleblowers’ complaints.
- Roll out of new Cyber Security Awareness Training.
- Form Executive Risk Management committee.