Correct sample preparation and sizing is fundamental to any metallurgical testwork program.
Ore size analysis determines the quality of grinding and the degree of target mineral liberation at various particle sizes, and as such is extremely important in laboratory testing procedures.
ALS provides particle size distribution (PSD) determination from coarse to ultra-fine sizes using a variety of techniques including screening, cyclosizing, and laser diffraction techniques to determine the optimal feed size to separation and concentration processes This ensures samples are processed with the highest efficiency.
Sample preparation and sizing testwork services offered by ALS include:
- Control crushing
- Homogenizing and splitting using a variety of techniques including rotary dividers
- Bulk Density
- Bulk Sample Hazardous/Non-Hazardous Preparation Facility
- Screening - wet and dry
- Laser diffraction sizing
- Moisture Content Determination
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis
- Pulp Density Determination
- RoboLab robotic sample preparation
- True Mineral SG, Apparent/In-Situ SG
- Size-by-Size Analysis