Regular aviation oil analysis allows you to stay informed about your engine’s internal condition, which helps you identify excessively worn parts and predict potential failures.
Aviation Oil Analysis (AOA)
Why Aviation Oil Analysis (AOA)?
Aviation oil analysis through ALS has been trusted as an essential maintenance tool for decades and boasts an extensive database of engine characteristics and lubricant performance history. Whether you fly just a few hours a year or log hundreds of hours, you cannot afford not to make regular oil sampling a routine part of engine maintenance. Regular oil analysis keeps you and your mechanic informed about any unusual wear, contamination, and lubricant characteristics.
Why Use Oil Analysis? Oil analysis is an early warning detection system that:
- Reduces downtime
- allowing for scheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Lowers maintenance costs
- allowing you to maintain your equipment in a fix-before-failure mode.
- Helps spot trouble before it becomes serious
- allowing you to detect microscopic evidence of metal changes in the oil.
ALS Knows Your Engine’s History
- We keep permanent history files on all aircraft.
- We keep updated histories of all engines.
- A copy of the complete history and current laboratory evaluation is sent with each analysis report in an easy-to-understand format.
Data RetrievalALS offers a web-based report delivery system designed to provide easy access and management of your oil analysis information. Our online service, Webtrieve™, offers real-time fluid analysis information in concise, intuitive report formats. With Webtrieve™, you can search for test results, print or email test reports, run management summary reports, and download data. If you want to receive immediate alerts on your mobile device, download our easy-to-use mobile app, and log in using your Webtrieve™ username and password. Go to the Google Play or Apple Store and search for ALS Tribology.
ALS Aviation Oil Analysis Kits
Aviation oil analysis kits can be used for any type of aircraft, helicopter, or oil wetted system (i.e. engine, main rotor, tail rotor hydraulic, etc.). Purchase sample kits from our distributor or contact our lab in Phoenix.