Evaluating the nature of mineral processing slurries, particularly pulp viscosity, is vital for the efficiency of any mineral processing and extraction plant.
ALS designs programs of testwork to identify any slurry handling issues, and then systematically resolves them using specific techniques, reagents, and equipment.
Slurry characterisation test programs routinely carried out include:
- Particle Size
- Pulp Density Determination
- Solids Content
- Liquid Content
- Oxygen Uptake Rate Determination
- Chemical or Reagent Content
- Slurry Flocculation and Settling
- Transportable Moisture Limit (TML)