The ALS Annular Flow Sub has been designed to allow switching of flow between the annulus and Through-Bore of a Coiled Tubing BHA
Flow is diverted once per run by circulating a drop-ball to the tool. The tool configuration can be changed on location to suit requirements.
The tool is fitted with a receptacle which can hold various nozzle sizes and blanks. The tool can be configured such that the majority of flow is directed to the annulus and the remainder is directed through the BHA. Alternatively, a blank plug can be fitted which will direct all flow to the annulus. This can be especially useful when running inflatable packers as it helps to ensure the packer will not inflate prematurely.
When the required depth is reached, a drop-ball is pumped to the Annular Flow Sub. An increase in pressure will be observed as the ball seats in the tool. When the pins in the tool are sheared, the tool is activated and surface pressure will be observed to reduce. The annulus ports are sealed and flow is directed through the bore of the BHA.
- Single Use Per Run
- Surface Indication of Successful Activation
- Controlled Setting of Inflatable Down-Hole Components
- Can be Fitted With Various Nozzles, or Blanks to Suit Requirements
- Allows Flow to be Fully or Partially Diverted Between the Annulus and BHA Bore
|Tool OD||Tensile Yield||Torsional Yield||Standard Drop
|Pressure Rating||Standard Connections|
|Ø2-1/8"||102,000 lbs||1,600 ft-lbs||Ø½"||5,000 psi||1-½" AMMT|
|Ø2-7/8"||170,000 lbs||3,900 ft-lbs||Ø½"||5,000 psi||2-3/8" PAC DSI|
- Other sizes and connections available on request
- Standard and H2S service versions available
- Yield values shown are for standard service tools