ALS provides comprehensive on site and off site chemical analysis of metals, alloys and their corrosion products.
Knowing which material your component is made from can be extremely important for making decisions about how to maintain, repair and operate your critical assets.
ALS provides comprehensive capability in understanding the chemical composition of metallic components, helping our clients understand the answer to questions such as:
- What Grade of Material is the product made from?
- What is the weldability of the material (Carbon Equivalent)?
- What materials could I use to replace this material and achieve equal or better properties.
- Did the composition of the component affect its performance?
ALS provides chemical analysis of metallic materials using the following methods:
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES).
- Through Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), we also provide analysis (e.g. EDAX / EDS) to determine composition of microstructural elements and corrosion by products.
In the laboratory, these services combined with
Can provide a full understanding of the properties of any metallic component.
Furthermore, where the costs of transport of component are too high, or rapid turnaround of analysis is required, these services can be provided on site and can be combined with:
- Onsite metallographic services (metallurgical replication) and hardness testing.
To gain a solid understanding of a component’s materials condition, without having to send the material to a laboratory.