ALS is recognised globally for its expertise in managing coal testing, and resource analysis and evaluation programs.
The heterogeneous nature of coal demands a high level of understanding and management to deliver bankable information on coal breakage behaviour and potential product quality from a deposit. Working with our clients, ALS strives to identify all the strengths and weaknesses of potential products and provide coal quality management guidelines and solutions. With over 70 years of resource evaluation experience and having developed many of the borecore analysis techniques currently in use, ALS has the experience to provide superior technical services.
• Raw sample analysis
• Coal breakage behaviour in the drop-shatter test
• Coal breakage behaviour in the wet and/or dry attrition test
• Float and sink testing for coarse and/or fine coal
• Froth flotation testing
• Analysis and validation of fractional samples
• Preparation and analysis of simulated product composites using an extensive range of coal analytical procedures.