ALS' AutoScan Suite is an automated system that measures a variety of rock properties and assists with the characterization of heterogeneity on whole core, slabbed core, and plug samples. This non-destructive technology utilizes multiple probes to rapidly acquire data through customizable workflows. The analysis of this integrated data allows for optimized plug and subsample selections.
• Laser profiling automates QA/QC of measurement locations.
• Variable resolutions (0.5 mm - 1000 mm).
• Characterization of anisotropy in two orthogonal directions.
• Facilitates core-log integration and upscaling.
• Quick determination of relationships between
ALS Oil & Gas utilizes five probes to acquire information over the entire length of the core:
• Steady State Permeability: Contact probe that measures N2 gas permeability with a standard range of 0.1 mD to 3 D.
• Vp and Vs Acoustic Velocity: Contact probe capable of measuring ultrasonic compressional and shear wave velocities. Arbitrary angles can also be selected to align measurement with bedding.
•Impulse Hammer: Contact probe used to characterize the heterogenity of elastic stiffness and mechanical strength.
• FTIR: Non-contact probe provides measurements sensitive to chemical composition by using infrared reflectance over a broad spectral range (1330 nm – 26700 nm).
•Digital Camera: Non-contact probe (5.0 MP) used for core reconnaissance and aligning log data.
• Digital data that can be imported into any log software or modeling program.
• Core images (5.0 MP) to easily correlate measurements with lithology.
• Integrated core report displaying all acquired data and images in log format.
•Data mapping of 2D measurements to determine spatial trends of properties.
• Core screening for optimal RCA/SCAL sampling strategy.