Galileo Jam Mitigation Technology
Core jamming is the primary issue associated with the early termination of a core run. This can lead to core damage and degradation of quality, poor recovery and can even milling the core away, if not addressed, leading to the loss of vital reservoir information that is irreplaceable.
To address this problem ALS has developed several jam mitigation solutions with our Galileo Jam Mitigation technology being developed for the QC 6 ½” core barrel platform and utilises sliding sleeves inside the Inner Barrel Assembly which allow for a total of up to two core jams within the Inner Barrel Assembly.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers a 3 ½” diameter core with our QC 6 ½” core barrel platform
- 2 sliding sleeves are housed within the standard Inner Barrel Assembly
- The sensitive of the Galileo tool can be set according to the target formations rock strength
- Galileo Jam Mitigation technology can be run in conjunction with the J.A.W.S jam detection tool
- Can be run in Coring Assemblies up to 180 ft. (54 m) in length