Core Packaging and Transportation Services
With an on-going quest for core quality, ALS provide specialized containers to properly package the core for transport.
A common misconception in the coring industry is to believe that a coring job is complete once a good quality core is brought to surface. Obviously, this is an important step in the coring process, but it is certainly not the last. Core can easily be spoiled and become completely useless if care is not taken after its return to surface.
The containers include pre-shaped, Styrofoam spacers to protect the core. The spacers prevent the core from moving and act as a cushion should any shock occur in transport.
- The core containers are made out of light, high impact resistant polyethylene and thus are easy to ship securely either by air or sea
- External: 1200 x 1000 x 765 mm
- Internal: 1135 x 935 x 600 mm
- Can hold up to:
- 45 meters of 2 9⁄16” core
- 20 meters of 4” core
- 12 meters of 5 1⁄4” core
- Very cost effective due to unlimited reusability
- The protective foam has several effective properties:
- shock absorbent material
- low thermal conductivity and flame retardant
- ono permeability
- environmentally safe and friendly
- Improves efficiency in the laboratory as there are no nails in the container and a hammer claw is not necessary