Quickcore 89™ Wireline Coring System
As markets changed and the need for coring deeper reservoirs was increasing the separation between conventional coring and wire line coring became apparent. Wire Line coring tools were limited to 30ft (9m) and at depths over 5000ft (1500m) with only a 3" (76mm) core being obtainable. There was a need for delivering a larger core size in longer sections to surface via wire line. Our aim was to deliver wire line core that was comparable to core that was cut conventionally. The result was a set of tools capable of cutting 3 ½" (89mm) core up to 120ft (36m) in length. The tool offers a variety of containerization options and offer additional features such as pressure coring, oriented coring, etc. All of these options are available in well bores of 7 ⅞" (200mm) and up.
QuickCore 89™ is a wire line retrievable coring system that was designed to deliver "Conventional Coring" diameter and length core from almost any depth.
- A multitude of inner barrel assemblies are available to ensure maximum core quality is achieved.
- Wireline retrievable for rig-time savings
- Drill or core on demand with 2-piece bit technology
- The Quick Lead Setter (QLS) allows fast and accurate lead setting for reduced fluid invasion and rig time
- Designed for both Conventional and Unconsolidated formations where larger core size is necessary for proper evaluation
- Formations requiring horizontal recovery
- Containerised formations
- Long core intervals
- Delivers a 3 ½" (89mm) core in up to 120ft (36m) intervals from a maximum depth of 22,000' (6700m).
- QuickSeat jam detection prevents milling of the core and ensures high recovery rates
- Safer coring operations for rig crews due to reduced tripping
- QuickClosure combines both the QuickCore and Orenoc Full Closure Catcher for recovery of poorly to unconsolidated formations.