ALS geologists provide worldwide services and expertise in structural geology, either at the wellsite, the client’s facilities or in any ALS facilities.
Thanks to an exclusive alliance with Corias, ALS O&G have access to the AS3D®, a sophisticated goniometric measurement tool-system allowing our structural geologists to deliver highly detailed core-based structural analysis.
The AS3D® is a portable and high precision goniometric tool designed by geologists for geologists that allows an efficient, fast and detailed acquisition and description of both planar and linear geological features on core. This system is also a powerful tool for the data reorientation at the core-scale and reservoir-scale (depending on number of wells studied) and a great support for structural interpretation.
We also provide structural analysis based on comparison between borehole imaging and core data that proved to give invaluable and reliable information.
Our structural analysis provides valuable inputs for static and dynamic modelling of fractured reservoirs and important guidelines for drilling operations.
Products and Applications
- Accurate data reorientation based on well deviation, image log data integration and/or structural/seismic maps;
- Real-time production of graphical outputs, such as dipmeter logs, stereograms, etc.;
- Image data validation and calibration;
- Statistical analysis of structural core data;
- Well-scale fracture density and frequency;
- Well-scale fracture porosity and permeability;
- Prediction of optimal drilling direction for both production and injection wells;
- Calculation of the actual maximum horizontal stress;
- Structural geology and tectonic interpretation.