ALS Limited and its related entities (“the ALS Group”, “we or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy, and the fair, lawful and transparent collection and processing of all Personal Data it receives across its business operations globally.
The Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
We collect Personal Data in a clear, honest and transparent way from a range of individuals in a variety of ways. When we collect Personal Data from you, we ensure you understand what Personal Data we are collecting and what we intend to use your Personal Data for.
We may collect your Personal Data when you call or write to us; when you visit one of our sites or offices; when you enquire about our services; when we provide services to you; when you offer or provide services to us; when you browse, visit, make an enquiry, or otherwise interact with our websites; when you enquire as to, or apply, for job with us; and when you work for us, with us, or on our behalf.
In some circumstances, we collect Personal Data about you from a third-party source, such as government bodies, credit agencies, or from publicly available records or sources of information.
The types of Personal Data we collect may include your name, gender, home or postal address, job title, date of birth, photographic identification, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, details of business interests, academic qualifications and experience, professional associations and memberships, bank account details (including credit or debit card details), and your service preferences.
From time to time in certain circumstances, sensitive personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or medical conditions, genetic or biometric information, sexual orientation, or criminal convictions and offences may be processed by us if this processing is required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and where you have provided this information to us voluntarily or have otherwise consented for us to collect and process it.
The basis for processing your Personal Data
We will only collect and process your Personal Data where we have a lawful reason to do so. The lawful basis for which we collect and process your Personal Data, will usually be one of the following:
- you have provided us with your consent;
- to perform a contract that we have in place with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract;
- our legitimate business interests, including compliance screening such as credit checks, reference checks or sanctions due diligence; for insurance purposes; to monitor compliance with our policies and standards; and to protect, secure and detect any threats to our premises and systems;
- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also process your Personal Data for purposes related or ancillary to any of the above where it could reasonably be expected that such processing would occur.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties, such as our suppliers and service providers, where we have engaged them to perform services on our behalf; or where we have a lawful reason or legal obligation to do so (e.g. to comply with a court order or a request from one of our regulators).
Personal Data of others that you provide to us
Keeping Personal Data secure
Transferring Personal Data
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be deleted or destroyed when it is no longer required for the purposes for which you gave it to us or you have requested that we delete it, and we are not legally required to retain it.
Subject to applicable legislative conditions and exceptions, we recognise rights in relation to Personal Data. This includes rights in relation to:
- requesting information about what Personal Data we process about you and the rationale for such processing;
- obtaining a copy of your Personal Data;
- having any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you updated or corrected;
- requesting that we delete your Personal Data;
- withdrawing your consent to our processing of your Personal Data;
- objecting to our processing, or restricting our processing of, your Personal Data; and
- having your Personal Data transmitted to another data controller.
We also recognise your rights to make a complaint if you have a concern about our handling of your Personal Data.
So that we may respond to your request, we may require you to provide us with proof of your identity through the provision of a valid form of identification. This is to ensure that we comply with our obligation to keep Personal Data secure and so as to ensure the prevention of the unauthorised disclosure of Personal Data.
Should you not be satisfied with our handling of your request, you can contact the relevant privacy regulator or supervisory authority to make a compliant.
Accessing other websites via hyperlink
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 66
Everton Park QLD 4053
Effective: 12 March 2014
Last updated: 18 July 2018