ALS is committed to sustainable activities and recognises the need to plan, manage and review those aspects of the business that may have an impact on our people, property, the environment or the communities in which we operate.
Our four key sustainability pillars
We are committed to maintaining strong and sustainable growth and recognise that our future success is dependent on our people’s commitment to service, quality and innovation. Our employees are the core of our company and they have made ALS the great place it is today.
Health & safety
Diversity & equality
Training & development
Innovation & Technology
We recognise that the complexity and interconnectedness of the world environment requires us to continue to review our operations and seek opportunities to reduce our impact through conserving resources, reducing waste and minimising our impact on our local environment.
Operational Environmental Performance
We are proud of the positive contribution that ALS’s testing and inspection services provide to society. Beyond the benefit created by our services, we contribute economically to local communities through the creation of employment opportunity, and use of local contractors and suppliers. We also create shared value through the payment of taxes across countries in which we operate.
Our governance framework guides and supports our business operations and activities and provides clear guidance as to responsibility and accountability for maintaining and improving our sustainability across the company.
Anti-bribery & corruption
Honesty & integrity
Enterprise Risk Management
Our achievements this year
Future targets 2021
- No fatalities
- LTIFR < 0.68(1)
- TRIFR < 1.50(1)
- PPI Scorecard of 90% or greater
- 100% of compulsory training sessions completed
- ≥ 50% total new female professional hires; female participation of 50% in iLead Program & 40% in 'Executive Development Program'
- Human rights assessments on key suppliers completed by hub purchasing departments
* per million hours worked
- No unresolved complaints of negative air, noise, or land impact from surrounding neighbours
- Nil environmental prosecutions
- No reportable spill or reportable uncontrolled releases
- Complete yearly business stream waste reduction initiatives
- All regions to populate global fleet register outlining consumption of fuel per country
- > 5% reduction on energy intensity over 3 years with base year FY2018
- Commodities kW.h/hours worked or samples
- Life Sciences kW.h/hours worked
- Industrial kW.h/hours worked
- Implementation of Business Stream Community Engagement Program
- Total economic contribution > AUD 1.8 b
- Roll out Code of Conduct training
- Refresh the ALS Code of Conduct and re-release to employees