Optimise your Tank Inspection and Management Plan with ALS.
Storage tanks are commonly found on most processing plants, including power stations, mine sites, oil and gas, and other major processing plants.
Depending on the manufacturing process involved, they will often contain:
- Hazardous chemicals, e.g. acids, important hydrocarbons (petrol, diesel, oil) etc, for which loss of containment frequently means significant environmental and collateral damage.
- Critical fluids which if lost or contaminated potentially threaten site production.
- Critical fluids which are the saleable product of the sites in question. Any loss of these therefore, leads to loss of revenue on top of the potential risks above.
The consequences of tank failure are therefore commonly as high as those found for almost any other asset class, particularly with loss of containment potentially allowing hundreds of thousands of litres of dangerous fluids into the surrounding environment and infrastructure.
Legal requirements also apply to the management of many tanks and as such improper management can expose both company and individual managers to potentially significant associated penalties for poor practise.
Tank integrity management with ALS as your partner can however demonstrate industry best practise control of the above risks, whilst also taking advantage of the significant cost savings that an engineering led approach to tank inspection can deliver.
- Qualified tank inspectors (API) with
- Experienced engineering staff; and
- Experienced NDT crews
To deliver optimised tank inspection and management programs using, where appropriate, the principals of Risk Based Inspection (RBI).
When combined with a suite of best practise inspection and access techniques, ALS work with our clients to deliver:
- Extended tank inspection intervals where risk profiles allow:
- Designing and implementing Tank Inspection and test plans
- Minimisation of Tank downtime.
- Proper understanding and management of risks.
- Compliance with insurance and regulatory requirements.
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs.
- Optimised spend on inspection activities.
Our expert teams also provide:
- Determination of the scope of repairs and alterations required.
- Provide defect tolerance and fitness for service assessments in accordance with relevant standards.
- Assessment of the remaining life of the tank.
- Investigation to determine the cause of any defects found and any failures.
Learn more about our people, our inspection techniques and our expert engineering capability at the below links or contact us directly.