Vessels and Pressure Plant are high risk items. You can be confident with ALS that they are inspected effectively.
Pressure equipment includes boilers, process vessels, piping and other equipment with potentially hazardous contents under pressure.
This equipment can range from simple low pressure air receivers through to some of the most critical and hazardous or high risk items of industrial plant. Pressure plant owners and operators can benefit from working with ALS to help ensure the confidence required for effective asset management and integrity including:
- Legislated obligations for maintaining vessels under relevant law, for example Work Place Health and Safety Acts and Major Hazard Facility law.
- Compliance with relevant standards, for example AS/NZS 3788, where applicable.
- Optimisation of Inspection programs beyond code compliance through Risk Based Inspection programs (RBI).
- Cost effective methods for inspecting vessels, so as to ensure that the spend on accessing, inspecting and maintaining pressure vessels is optimised.
Failure to attend to anyone of these factors can have great consequences to the asset owner and to the broader community.
Effective management of all aspects will help assure the asset owner with a safe, clean, reliable and productive site.
ALS provides the following services to pressure equipment owners and operators through our team of highly experienced inspectors (AICIP, SAICIP and API qualified) and integrity engineers.
- Code and Standard Compliant in Service Inspections in accordance with AS/NZS 3788 and equivalent international standards.
- Code and Standard compliant testing to ensure they are correctly constructed and installed.
- Risk Based Inspection following the principles of relevant standards (API 580, API 581), frequently leading to long term savings on vessel inspection program versus a statutory compliance approach.
- Design registration advice and education as to our client’s obligations under these codes.
- Fitness for Service Assessment, failure analysis and root cause investigation to help certify continued suitability for service.
- Investigation of vessel issues, such as corrosion, erosion, wear and cracking, through our experienced engineers and expert non-destructive testing knowledge.
- Evaluation, design and execution of Non Intrusive Inspection (NII) scopes of work, potentially savings clients many thousands of dollars in access and shutdown costs.
- Highly Efficient Shutdown execution through our experienced shutdown teams.
- Assessment of Remaining Life of Vessels through tools such as our industry leading RemLIfeTM software.