ALS is recognised as a world leader in coking coal, coke testing and commercial research.
Using pilot-scale coke ovens, bench-scale coke ovens and a range of coke test apparatus, ALS can determine the coke quality of your coal. With extensive testing and research experience, ALS can provide guidance on the value in use of a particular coke relative to a range of globally traded coals. ALS experts are also available to assist you with technical issues relating to coke-making and PCI issues.
• Pilot-scale and bench-scale coke-making
• Coke tests including CRI and CSR, ASTM Stability and Hardness, Micum, Irsid and JIS drum tests
• G- Index and Y- Index determination
• Technical evaluations of coking coals
• Technical evaluations of PCI coal
• General consulting on metallurgical coal issues