Expert consultants at ALS provide a comprehensive suite of coal preparation plant sampling services.
ALS facilities offer sampling services that include comprehensive plant audits, metallurgical investigations, and routine quality control. Using unique pilot-scale coal preparation plants, ALS can prepare a simulated product for the generation of marketing samples and/or feed material for pilot scale coking and combustion studies.
Interpretative reporting and consulting services for sampling and metallurgical performance monitoring are also available.
- Sample plant inspections, maintenance, auditing, precision and bias testing
- Pilot-scale coal preparation services for generation of samples using dense medium cyclones, classifying cyclones, spiral separators, mechanical flotation cells, reflux classifiers, in-line pressure jigs and screens
- Metallurgical investigations, equipment evaluation and plant performance improvement projects
- Due diligence and feasibility studies
- Design verification
- Production scheduling and process simulations
- Specialist handleability tests such as Transportable Moisture Limit (TML), Durham Cone test and Edinburgh Cohesion test
ALS has accredited facilities and service capabilities covering the globe, with sites in Australia, Africa, Europe, and Asia.
This network of laboratories provides coal testing, analysis, quality training, and expert advice with speed and convenience.
Dedicated staff assess and rank coal product physical handling, blend propensity, and every element of performance to give a true picture of marketability and value-in-use.