Troubleshoot asset integrity and reliability problems with ALS’s comprehensive Engineering and Materials Consulting service.
With decades of combined experience, our team of metallurgists, materials engineers, mechanical engineers and scientists can rise to any integrity and reliability challenge.
ALS provides expert consulting services with the ability to solve complex problems across a vast array of fields and a variety of materials. Our team has the capacity to ensure that, when needed, our client's questions can be comprehensively answered. With experience across industries and incidents, our specific services include:
- Root cause analysis (RCA)
- Failure analysis
- Assessment of remaining life
- Creep and creep fatigue analysis of high temperature plants
- Corrosion investigation and mitigation
- Coating assessment and specification
- Concrete diagnostics and repair strategies
- Material selection, identification, condition assessment and repair strategies
- Metallography and microstructural characterisation, including on-site replication services
- Fitness-For-Service assessments at all levels
- Failure modes, effects and criticality analysis / failure modes symptoms analysis (FMECA/FMSA)
- Evaluation of cracks and flaws using fracture mechanics
- Stress and strain measurement via strain gauging
- Finite element analysis
- Determination of appropriate inspection and maintenance programs based on asset type and likely damage mechanisms
- Development and review of condition management programs
- Weld procedure development and review
- Litigation support and expert witness.
The ALS advantage is our ability to marry high level consulting engineers and scientists with our broad testing capability. This means that when clients engage ALS to examine their complex engineering problems, they can be confident that we will provide our experts with access to the right tests, and therefore the best information upon which they can make decisions.