It will help you to better understand the important role of NDT in the engineering design process and how NDT is used to monitor the condition of your assets.
We will explain how the methods work and where they are used in industrial settings. This will help you identify the relevant methods applicable to your assets and the benefits that each can provide. You will gain an understanding of strengths and limitations of each method to assist you in selecting the most effective, efficient and reliable NDT test.
This course covers the basic theory of each method, common test applications and basic practical experience of equipment in general use.
- The role of NDT in Engineering Design and Asset Care
- NDT Certification Schemes
- Indications, Discontinuities and Defects
- Types of Discontinuities
- Manufacturing Processes and Associated Defects
- Effects of Defects on Serviceability of Products
- For each method (MT, PT, UT, RT, ET and specialised methods e.g. ACFM, Phased Array)
- Explanation of how the method works
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Suitability of Materials for Testing
- Detection of Discontinuities
Who Should Attend
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance Planners
- Coordinators and Supervisors
- Operations Managers
- Reliability and Integrity Engineers
- Plant Inspectors
- Condition Monitoring Personnel