Vibration Analysis provides a cost effective method of monitoring the condition of rotating plant and equipment.
Vibration analysis provides condition monitoring information on both rotating and static equipment.
ALS provides highly cost effective vibration analysis and monitoring services, based on the principles within ISO 13373.
ALS extensive experience with equipment reliability and failure modes. Utilising industry leading equipment, ALS technicians, certified to ISO 18436, gather vibration data directly from machines and analyse this information both on site for rapid interpretation turnaround and at our ALS facilities.
Interpretation of vibration data by skilled ALS engineers and technicians accurately interprets many things about the condition of an asset.
Flaws that are found by vibration analysis include:
- Rotating Equipment Bearing Defects including cracking, spalling, race and cage defects.
- Gearing defects including cracking, spalling and damage
- Lubrication problems
- Misalignment of assembled rotating equipment, including gear and shaft misalignment
- Unbalanced equipment, including gears, couplings and shafts
- Motor defects
Static Structures experiencing Vibration
- Presence and effect of excessive vibration in structures and piping
- Engineering assessment of how vibration may lead to structural fatigue and damage.
Low cost service to assess static and rotating equipment for many of the most common mechanisms that lead to premature equipment failure.
Rotating equipment including, but not limited to:
And static structures experiencing all forms of vibration, from:
- Environmental background vibration
- Process pulsations; and/or
- Transmitted vibration from rotating and reciprocating equipment.
ALS also provides accredited training in Vibration Analysis. Check out our training courses at MyALS and other condition monitoring services below.