ALS delivers a full range of testing capabilities (Geochemistry, Metallurgy, and Inspection) with signature quality, services and deliverables at mine sites globally - irrespective of remoteness.
The laboratories support the full range of minerals commodities and are run by experienced personnel with support from an extensive global laboratory network. Onsite mine and process support laboratory services range from sample preparation installations through to full service analytical laboratories.
These onsite mine and process support laboratories provide world-class data to assist making better strategic and operational decisions, whilst reducing fixed costs. Independent mineral analyses by ALS allow mines to effectively manage regulatory reporting requirements.
The state-of-the-art equipment used in ALS mine site laboratories is consistent with that in ALS commercial analytical geochemistry laboratories, ensuring the same reliable and superior out-comes are delivered. Applying ALS principles, procedures and quality standards to the operation of mine site laboratories offers clients the assurance and convenience that demands will be met with the utmost of customer care.
ALS understand the importance of providing critical operational, metallurgical and environmental data to optimise mining and mineral processing production. ALS prides itself on turnaround, compliance, and independent and reliable analytical data to ensure the achievement of targets and seamless project operation.
Benefits of Outsourcing Mine Site Laboratory Services
Mine site laboratories are considered to be of great strategic value to operations, and outsourcing these to ALS allows the client to focus resources and capital on the core mining and mineral processing operation of the business.
Laboratory facilities can be either leased or purchased outright. This provides flexibility and cost effective solutions to clients who can choose to pay for the laboratory from their operating budgets or commit the full capital cost upfront.
ALS world-class analytical geochemistry, metallurgical, environmental and industrial testing expertise is delivered on site, providing the convenience of continuous analytical support without compromise.
Example components of on-site mobile and permanent laboratories include:
- Laboratory equipment (supply and install)
- Inventory management (consumables, purchasing)
- Health, Safety and Environment compliance
- Quality management systems and technical oversight, lab auditing services
- Training, consulting and onsite support
- Secure data management – global lab management system, Webtrieve™, Core Viewer™
- Core and chip management, core sawing, sample collection and preparation
- Moisture, bulk density, specific gravity, and particle size distribution
- Acid digestion or fusion plus analytical instrumentation for element suite analysis (AAS, XRF, ICP-AES/MS)
- Gold and other precious metal analysis (fire assay, metallic screening, BLEG, Leachwell, bullion)
- Loss on ignition, carbon and sulfur analysis by Leco
- Davis Tube Recovery and magnetic susceptibility for iron ore
- Classical wet chemistry techniques as required