ALS analyses for air quality and industrial hygiene through convenient passive sampling devices such as badges and cartridges.
Passive diffusive air sampling can yield qualitative and/or quantitative information for many individual compounds (such as hydrogen sulfide) and chemical classes (such as volatile organic compounds).
Sampling with passive diffusive devices is simple (no sampling pump required), discreet, and can achieve low reporting limits. With careful advance planning and discussion with laboratory staff, passive samplers can be used to meet data quality objectives.
Applications for Passive Diffusive Air Samplers
- Ambient air monitoring
- Indoor air monitoring
- Workplace monitoring
- LEED/Green Building (EQ Credit 3.2) sampling
- Fenceline/Perimeter air monitoring at remediation sites
- Odor investigations
- Soil vapor
- Landfill perimeter monitoring
- Airport ambient air monitoring
- Long-term (>24 hours) air monitoring
- Air monitoring in remote locations (no electrical power)
Typical Target Analytes
- Aldehydes (Formaldehyde)
- Chlorinated compounds
- Hydrocarbons (Aliphatic and Aromatic)