ALS provides gravity separation, in combination with other techniques, to identify and optimise the process flowsheet for the target mineral.
Gravity separation is achieved based on the difference in specific gravity (SG), shape and particle size of the valuable minerals or metals, as compared with the gangue or host rock and the carrying medium.
Commonly performed techniques include:
- Cyclone Separation
- Dense Media Separation (DMS)
- Ericson Cone Heavy Media Separation
- Falcon Concentrator
- Heavy Liquid Separation (HLS)
- Jigging – Allmineral Alljig®
- Kelsey Jig
- Knelson Concentrator
- Manual Panning
- Spiral Rig
- Teeter Column
- Up-Current Classifier – Allmineral Miniflux®
- Wilfley Table
A combination of gravity separation and other techniques often produces the desired result.