ALS’ Spectral Gamma Detector is an integrated tool that measures naturally occurring radiation in a core sample. This data can be integrated with wireline measurements to calibrate depth logs and calculate over and under recovery.
• Measurements are taken at three-inch intervals for the entire length of the core. ALS Spectral Gamma Detector is capable of measuring total gamma (API), Uranium (%), Thorium (ppm), and potassium (K).
• Core can be measured in barrels, liners, wax, plastic bags, or exposed.
• Allows for correlation of wireline data to core measurements.
• Facilitates depth corrections that are required due to zones of over or under recovery.
• Ratios of spectral elements can be used to predict rock properties, mineralogy, and pay zones.
• Calibrated log showing Uranium, Potassium, Thorium, total gamma, and total gamma minus Uranium.
• Tabulated data that is easily integrated into logging software.