Offering excellent turnaround and comprehensive service lines, ALS provides load testing and destructive testing for a wide range of products.
ALS maintains significant capability performing consumer product testing. Our team can advise clients on their product’s performance under realistic conditions as well as compliance with relevant standards. ALS testing includes:
- Testing to the requirements of Australian and international standards such as ISO and ASTM
- Testing to destruction or fatigue limit
- Wear tests
- Corrosion tests
- Impact penetration tests
- Drop tests
- Resistivity tests
ALS's testing is performed under NATA accreditation (ISO 17025) for mechanical testing and is overseen by ALS’s experienced mechanical and materials engineers.
ALS can provide product manufacturers with answers to important questions such as:
- Does my product meet the relevant standards?
- How long will my product last under typical operating conditions?
- Is there a test that can assess my product's performance?
ALS can identify the cause and mechanism of many failures and provide appropriate remediation advice, and can test the following products:
- Office and home furniture (AS/NZS 4688.2)
- Filing cabinets
- Storage furniture
- Bunk beds
- Ladders, including straight, trestle and multi-folding
- Cargo restraints
- Bolts and fasteners
- Sound barriers
- Drain, lids and grates
- Swimming pool fences and gates
- Trolley jacks
- Roof edge protection systems
- Lifting frames and beams
- Scaffolding, including tube and coupler, quick-fit and attachments
- Fall restraints, including wire mesh, anti fall, and hand rails