ALS Australia provides environmental clients with two digital platforms that allow access to data and support ease-of-use interaction with the laboratory. The ALS Compass mobile application and ALS Webtrieve web portal complement the service provided by the Client Service teams to support your project and regulatory requirements. Both platforms are proprietary products that link into the ALS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), which is used to process samples in the laboratory.
The app provides advanced functionality to support your field activities and digitise workflows. The app is a sampling intelligence that integrates data management from planning through to results. Using ALS Compass will help to improve your efficiency in the field, improve quality through eliminating data transcription and ultimately improve project delivery.
Key features of the ALS Compass field application are:
- Sampling can be planned at any time in the app.
- Built-in checks and balances ensure all samples are taken and nothing is missed.
- ALS quotation documents available directly from the app.
- Sampling containers include barcode identity.
- No more handwriting on sample bottles.
- Automatic creation of COC documentation.
- Managers can check submissions remotely before they are submitted to ALS.
- GPS locator (optional) with the option for photos and sample meta data adds to a more complete story around capturing the sampling event.
Download the app
ALS Compass is available to all clients and is compatible with both iOS and Android platforms (available for download on the App Store and Google Play).
Webtrieve is a web-based platform that provides access to results and information for work orders currently being processed or previously tested by the laboratory. A unique username and password provide you with a secure gateway to projects for you, your office, or your company nationally (as appropriate and dependent on how your access has been configured following company authorisation).
Functionality on the ALS Webtrieve platform includes:
- Search for work orders and results
- Access and the ability to download historical reports
- Chain of custody
- Certificates of analysis
- Electronic data deliverables
- Sample receipt notification
- Quality control reports
- Follow work order progress
- Get real-time access to your results
- Trending tools for your data (including export functionality to Microsoft Excel)
- Apply guidelines to results (both external regulatory and in-house developed)
The ALS Compass and ALS Webtrieve platforms provide digital functionality to support ease of use workflow interactions with the laboratory. Both platforms are available through a simple registration process and are intuitive to use.
ALS Compass – register your interest online
Or contact your local client service representative to establish your user account and any required support to go-live.
ALS Webtrieve – new user registration online
Please refer to the following brief user registration and guide, or alternatively contact your local client service representative to establish your user account and any required support to go-live.
ALS Webtrieve - user registration guide
ALS Webtrieve provides you with online access to your sample and analytical information from anywhere 24/7.
1. Register online
Navigate to ALS Webtrieve webpage using the link below and complete the simple registration process.
Note: the laboratory selected should represent your primary ALS laboratory.
2. Confirmation email
You will receive an email from ALS mentioning that your registration has been received and will be actioned by ALS representative.
3. Access confirmation email
Upon completion of the application by ALS representative, you will receive a second email mentioning you have been granted access to ALS Webtrieve. Please login to ALS Webtrieve and set your login credentials.
4. Logging in for the first time
Upon logging in to ALS Webtrieve, the landing page will present as below with three options available:
a. Search for projects and workorders
b. Search for sample points
c. News library – will take you to alsglobal.com presenting the most recent updates from the business stream selected
5. Search – workorders and samples
The two search options allow you to search for either workorders or samples using the filter options as shown. Explore the search options to ensure you maximise your experience using ALS Webtrieve.
6. Select to view results – workorders and samples
You can select one or many workorders / samples and view corresponding results by checking the box next to the ALS workorder / sample number.
7. Results format – workorders and samples
Results will be displayed following the same format as presented on the PDF COA.
8. Export results
Results can be exported to XLS in either Cross Tab or Tabular formats.
9. Compare results
Results can be compared to one or many guidelines (regulatory and client) in the portal
a. Results evaluated as a PASS will include a green tick symbol (see below)
b. Results evaluated as a BREACH (FAIL) will include a red exclamation symbol
10. Trending results
ALS Webtrieve offers basic trending for samples which have a unique sample name. To enable this feature, select the sample name and then choose your analyte of interest and time period.