ALS delivers a comprehensive Non Destructive Testing (NDT) services suite, with the latest technologies combined with great technicians
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) or (Non-Destructive Examination (NDE)) is the science of inspecting components and structures for flaws and properties without damaging the integrity of the component itself.
NDT techniques have applicability across all industries. There are few materials or structures for which NDT cannot make useful interpretations as to the presence of physical features and flaws.
ALS boasts very broad capability in regard to NDT techniques, with new and improved techniques researched, acquired and implemented on a regular basis to ensure that our services remain most effective.
Our services are supported by excellent quality systems and we maintain independently certified compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and NATA.
We combine our NDT expertise with modern access solutions such as Rope Access and Remote Piloted Aircraft (UAV / Drone) to ensure that inspections are delivered in the most cost effective manner.
In the hands of skilled ALS staff, NDT forms a critical part in answering many key questions about your important assets, including:
- Does my component, fabricated structure of vessel comply with applicable standards?
- Have my welds been correctly fabricated?
- Are there cracks and/or significant flaws in my component? What size are they? How is corrosion affecting my component / structure / vessel?
- How are operating conditions affecting my asset?
- Which inspection method will deliver the appropriate level of Probability of Detection (POD).
Choosing the best NDT approach often requires significant technique and engineering understanding. Often a combination of techniques is appropriate to obtain the right information about an asset’s condition.
Learn a little more about the different NDT methods and what they can do above. In the alternative contact ALS’ NDT experts for more information.