The prices in the fee schedule reflect in-lab services; for custom on-site quotes, please contact us. Our highly-trained core sawing technicians use state of the art computerised saws for precision cutting of most rock types. Friable core may be sawn manually to preserve material in the interval.
- Log in core box for processing.
- Automated high speed core sawing.
- Manual sawing for friable core.
- Sampling core based on client instructions. Includes bagging sample for further preparation.
- Daily rental of secure core logging facilities with full spectrum lights and other amenities.
- High resolution core photography. Delivery via secure file transfer or ALS CoreViewer™ (see below.) Core may be photographed wet or dry based on client preference and requirements.
- Long-term storage of core boxes in ALS warehouses.
Using core photos taken by ALS or provided by you over a secure connection, we create continuous depth-registered downhole core image strips. The box photos and core strips are available to you through CoreViewer™, where you can search for specific intervals and graph any kind of downhole geochemical, mineralogical, or geophysical data for comparison against the images.
Your core photos can be accessed in perpetuity using your secure Webtrieve™ login. For those companies using acQuire GIM Suite, CoreViewer™ is available right inside the acQuire Neo application, correlated with drill holes and all associated information in the database.
CoreViewer™ also integrates with major 3D modelling programs, including Seequent Leapfrog Geo, Maptek Vulcan and Micromine for deep investigation and verification of exploration, resource and geometallurgical models.
Drill core, rocks and chips preparation packages
All packages include sample login to the laboratory tracking system and weighing. Excessively wet samples may require additional drying for a surcharge. It is very helpful to advise us of mineralized samples that may require special equipment cleaning cycles.
Soil sediment preparation package
Portable XRF on prepared pulps
Confidence and security in the chain of custody for your samples as they pass through our system are paramount. Your samples are given a barcode and logged into our proprietary global laboratory information management system on receipt. We encourage clients to barcode samples prior to sending them to our laboratories. Our system will accommodate all major barcode formats.
Materials submitted for analysis are retained free of charge at our laboratories for a limited time, starting from the day we issue the final Certificate of Analysis. Reasonable monthly charges will apply to samples archived for longer periods in our facilities. ALS sample storage facilities provide a secure and organized environment protected from the elements, and all archive locations are included in the laboratory tracking system.
Specific Gravity Bulk Density
Individual sample preparation procedures
The following procedures can be used either separately or combined in a package in order to meet specific needs regarding sample size and composition. Most of these procedures are charged at a rate that is based on sample weight.Drying
- Drying of excessively wet samples in drying ovens.
- Drying of excessively wet samples in drying ovens that are controlled to a maximum temperature of 60ºC.
- Air-drying of samples.
- Coarse crushing of rock chip and drill samples to 70% passing 6mm.
- Fine crushing of rock chip and drill samples to 70% passing 2mm.
- Fine crushing of rock chip and drill samples to 85% passing 2mm.
- Fine crushing of rock chip and drill samples to 90% passing 2mm.
- Split sample using a riffle splitter.
- Split sample using a rotary splitter.
- Split sample using a Boyd crusher/rotary splitter combination.
- Split a received pulp sample for various uses.
- Pulverize a split or total sample up to 250g to 85% passing 75 microns.
- Pulverize a 1,000g split to 85% passing 75 microns.
- Pulverize a 1,000g split to 90% passing 75 microns.
- Pulverize entire sample to 85% passing 75 microns.
- Riffle split sample to maximum of 3kg and pulverize split to 85% passing 75 microns. Retain and bag unpulverized reject.
- Riffle split sample to maximum of 3kg and pulverize split to 85% passing 75 microns. Dispose of unpulverized reject.
- Pulverize concentrate sample to 85% passing 75 microns.