The Environmental Project Team have the expertise and experience to manage all aspects of your environmental monitoring program, from development through to report submission. Available services include:
- Planning and conducting the sampling and analysis program
- Summary and monitoring report
- Consulting services
- Environmental mitigation and environmental audit
- Internal training
ALS Thailand can provide a wide range of organic analytes that are accredited to local and international standards. The laboratory utilises the latest technologies, including; GC/MS, GC/FID, GC/XSD, GC- UECD, Total VOC Analyzer, LCMSMS, THC Analyzer, Purge&Trap, and Thermal Desorption.
The standard test parameters include:
- BTEX, MTBE
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds (SVOC)
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB)
- Pesticides (OC, OP, CP, PP)
- Poly-Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH)
The laboratory has a variety of the latest technologies to optimise the service for metals analysis, these include;
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (ICP/MS)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP/OES)
- Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (FAAS)
- Cold Vapor Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometer (CV-AFS).
ALS Thailand can analyse the full range of metal elements (more than 60 elements), including the 13 USEPA priority metal pollutants and 8 RCRA metals. Metals testing is priced in either standard packages to meet guideline and project requirements or individually.
The Thailand laboratory can also provide a range of metal speciation testing. This includes both Ferrous Iron and Hexavalent Chromium via wet chemistry UV-visible spectroscopy. The business has recently commissioned an LCICPMS instrument that can provide more advanced speciation services, including Inorganic Arsenic. Metals speciation testing allows the client to target the analysis of the more toxic metal species.
The major inorganic instrumentation at our Thailand laboratories include;
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Technicon Auto Analyzer
- IC Instrument
- TCLP leachate preparation equipment.
With in excess of 70 testing parameters, the laboratory can offer a wide range of inorganic testing. Analyses include:
- Physical parameters (e.g. pH, conductivity, turbidity and color)
- Alkalinity and acidity
- Fluoride, chloride and sulphate
- Anions (e.g. F-, Br-, CI-, I- and SO42-)
- Total, dissolved and suspended solids
- Nitrogen (TN, TKN, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite)
- Phosphorus (TP and reactive P)
- Carbon (TOC and TIC)
- Oxygen demand (BOD, cBOD and COD)
- On-site Sampling
- Total Suspended Particulates (TSP)
- Dioxins and Furans
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds
- SO2, NOx, CO, CO2 and O2
- Total Hydrocarbon
CONTINUOUS EMISSION MONITORING SYSTEM (CEMS)
- CEMs audit (RAA, RA Test)
- Performance Specification Test audit
- Emission test by CEMs (SO2, NOx, CO, CO2 and O2)
Ambient Air Quality
- On-site Sampling
- Particulate Matter (PM2.5 and PM10)
- Semi Volatile Organic Compounds
- SO2, NOx, CO and O3
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Wind Speed / Wind Direction
- Noise Level and Vibration
Industrial and Occupational
- On site sampling
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Organic Solvents
- Heavy metals
- Total Dust and Respirable Dust
- Physical measure e.g, Noise Lavel, Heat Stress, Light, Ventilation and Humidity
- On site sampling
- Respirable Dust
- Temperature and Humidity
- CO and CO2
- Ozone (O3)
Consumer Product Categories
ALS provides a wide range of quality assurance solutions in Consumer Products testing for retailers, traders, and manufacturers.
Product Categories include:
- Toys and Children's Products
- Nursery and Childcare Products
- Seasonal, Gifts and Premiums
- General Merchandises
- Food Contact and Packaging
- Furniture and Gardening
- Electrical and Electronics
- Softlines and Footwear
Consumer Product Audit, Inspection and Testing Services
Supply chains are global and it's now more critical than ever before to understand yours. Global markets expect supply chains that are legal, have social integrity, and most importantly do not compromise the well-being of the people involved in them.
ALS helps you to perform and document the selection and approval process of suppliers through tailor-made factory audit programs with reference to international quality systems, environmental and social accountability standards that meet your needs. This professional service helps you select new suppliers as well as assess the performance of existing ones.
A factory audit can be performed on different aspects of your process, and include (but are not limited to):
- Factory facilities
- Production flows
- Quality systems
- Warehouse capabilities
- Worker welfare and Child Labour
- Legal compliance
A professional ALS factory audit report helps your understanding of potential suppliers, before placing the order.
ALS' inspection team is highly mobile and has a reputation for providing professional on-site services. As an independent third party we are free from any conflict of interest, and are able to follow our clients manufacturing projects and purchasing plans from city to city.
An ALS inspection report minimises your risk of sub-standard products leaving the factory and entering the market, helping to protect your brand reputation, and reduce any negative commercial risk.
An ALS hub network located across mainland China as well as in different Asian countries allows inspectors to be on site in your factory between 6 hours and 48 hours of your booking, depending on the urgency of your needs. ALS inspectors are trained industry professionals with experience specific to your nominated product categories. These teams have specialist experience across a range of product lines including toys, nursery, general merchandises, electronics and softlines items.
As your inspection partner, ALS' goal is to provide you with confidence in the quality of the manufactured products, and avoid defective products reaching final customers.
Initial Production Check (IPC)
ALS helps clients to identify problems in order to plan for a suitable solution. The initial start-up production process is key to product quality. ALS engineers intervene to report on the manufacturing status at the early stage of production. We check inventory records, critical material compliance, head count on the production line, workmanship and select samples for testing. We deliver useful control data and assist the client to set up the relevant control matrix.
Production monitoring (PM)
ALS can monitor on-site production processes and work closely with factories to improve the process and ensure work consistency. This can identify and eliminate defects from beginning to the end of the production, underlying the importance of keeping the factory accountable and making you aware any problems at different production stages.
During Production Inspection (DUPRO)
ALS inspectors select representative samples to determine if the quality problems previously detected have been resolved. By communicating results with the management of the factory, future progress can be determined to ensure the consignment meets the shipment schedule. Sealed samples from the representative sample size are prepared by ALS inspectors and sent to accredited laboratories for product safety testing upon request (i.e. due diligence testing).
Final Random Inspection (FRI)
With production complete, ALS coordinates and performs a final examination of the goods. The service confirms all contractual and technical requirements are built into the product before shipment.
Final Random Inspection is the most common inspection service. Internationally recognised sampling methods are applied to establish a representative sample size for inspection. ALS will then check for quality, quantity, workmanship, functionality, cosmetics, assortment, marking, and the packaging condition. The inspection report includes photos to highlight any of the commercial defects that have been identified.
Loading Supervision (LS)
Before shipping to buyers, ALS counts and loads products, and seals containers at the factory or port to ensure integrity of products shipped can meet buyers' requirements.
ALS can provide a wide range of testing services according to different international requirements.
As one of the world’s largest quality assurance companies, ALS laboratories have well-trained experts to assist with product compliance according to the latest standards and technologies.
ALS laboratories carry a range of local and international accreditations, including:
- UKAS accreditation – 7660
- CPSC Registration – 1081
- CNAS accreditation – L3783
- AQSIQ Certification – 194
Equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, ALS laboratories provide a wide range of testing services across multiple product categories including toys, nursery, general merchandises, electronics and softlines.
Key testing services include:
- Chemical and Analytical Tests
- Physical and Mechanical Tests
- Performance and Reliability Tests
- Nursery and Childcare Tests
- Food Contact and Food Packaging Tests
- Electrical and Electronic Tests
Apart from providing routine testing compliance services, we also provide buyers and vendors with technical consultation, product risk assessment, seminars as well as trainings.
As your testing and inspection partner, ALS is pleased to offer a TOTAL QUALITY SOLUTION that will exceed your quality needs and expectation.
Today's market is complicated and speed-to-market is important. Many business challenges facing retailers and buyers particularly include:
- How to effectively select new suppliers and monitor existing suppliers performance?
- How to ensure on-time delivery of quality products and avoid product recalls?
- How to meet with regulatory, safety and performance requirements of specific products?
Retailers and buyers need great support from quality partners to provide customised programs in different production stages. The programs designed are based on clients’ products, export markets as well as QA budget. ALS provides tailor-made Supplier Chain Management Solutions highlighted in the flowchart below, covering appropriate quality assurance services throughout the different production stages. In addition, ALS' client web portal Webtrieve™ offers data management and vendor performance assessment.
Key benefits of the ALS Supplier Chain Management Solutions means:
- consistent testing and analysis throughout the different quality assurance services
- a customised program across the different production stages
- clients have access to a cost-effective, smart solution.