This method of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is highly efficient in identifying surface or near-surface discontinuities in parts and components made of ferromagnetic material. The Magnetic Particle Testing course will provide you the theoretical understanding of magnetism and how it applies to NDT. You will acquire the skill and knowledge on selection and application of different magnetisation techniques as well as, interpretation and evaluation of indications. Those discontinuities which were hidden from the eyes become visible for judgment and required corrective action.
It is important that once you complete your training you can apply your new knowledge and skills in ‘real life’ situations. The goal of this course is to provide you with not only the ‘how’ but also the ‘why’ aspects to Magnetic Particle Testing. By knowing why you need to undertake certain processes, you will understand their importance and what to do when you’re faced with scenarios you have not seen before.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of the use of MT, including:
- Magnetism and magnetic fields
- Methods of magnetisation
- Magnetic particle testing equipment
- Magnetic media and methods
- Safety considerations and system control
- Interpretation and evaluation of indications
- Recording and reporting requirements
- Magnetic particle testing related code and standards
- Writing magnetic particle testing instruction
- MT using electromagnetic yokes
- Tests using fluorescent and non-fluorescent media
- MT on magnetic bench using different techniques
- Instruction writing for different testing scenarios
To complete this course successfully, you will need to have materials knowledge and the ability to complete basic algebra. As we want you to have a positive course experience, when you enrol into this course we will give you access to our online courses:
- ‘Mathematics for Basic Methods’
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone that wants to learn how to conduct magnetic particle testing. While prior experience using this method is beneficial, it is not a prerequisite. If you want to become certified, you will need to gain the relevant practical experience before applying for certification.