Thermography in the hands of trained technicians can reveal problems that the naked eye cannot see. Use it appropriately with the help of ALS.
Thermography scans for temperature distribution to interpret facts about a component's condition and find evidence of faults and deterioration.
Using high sensitivity IR cameras, ALS trained staff can examine equipment, based on standards such as ISO 18434 and ASTM E1934 to detect differences in equipment temperatures and detect the presence of various potentially critical equipment failure modes.
Some typical applications includes, but are not limited to:
- Pipeline Blockages
- Electrical faults in switchboards and other electrical equipment
- Loss of insulation materials, e.g. Refractory, in high temperature process equipment
- Damage to rotating equipment, particularly from obstructions and lubrications issues.
- Pipeline Leaks of both Cold and Hot Fluids and Gases not visible to the naked eye.
- A cost effective service for detecting equipment faults with characteristic temperature changes not visible to the naked eye.
ALS also provides training to clients in the techniques of thermography, just follow to our Training page for this information or contact us directly.