ALS has a purpose built world class hydrometallurgical testing facility in Perth, Western Australia. This facility includes state-of-the-art equipment and unprecedented piloting capacity to meet the growing needs of the hydrometallurgy industry.
Our special sample preparation facility is designed specifically for handling potentially hazardous materials such as asbestiform minerals and radionuclides. Fully enclosed with extensive ventilation and dust collecting systems, this facility complies with all safety and environmental regulatory requirements, and is employed for all uranium and REE/REO sample preparation work.
Supported by Australia’s most comprehensive metallurgical testing facility, our hydrometallurgy equipment list includes:
- Large Scale Atmospheric Leaching Circuit
- Leach Columns – up to 10 metres high
- Mobile Solvent Extraction Rigs
- Electrowinning Circuits
- Continuous Ion Exchange Resin Carousel Unit
- Continuous Pilot and Mini Pilot Scale Leaching Circuits
- Pilot High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) Plant
- Parr Pressure Reactors (one and five gallon units) for HPAL and POX studies
ALS fabricates new equipment or modifies existing equipment to suit specific testwork needs. In conjunction with hydrometallurgical testwork facilities, our experienced hydrometallurgists offer a comprehensive range of testing services. Commonly performed testwork programmes from laboratory bench scale to large scale, continuous pilot plant circuits include:
- Comminution – crushing, grinding, large scale piloting, AG/SAG, ball/rod mills, HPGR
- Resin-in-Pulp, Resin-in-Solution, Resin Ion Exchange
- Solvent Extraction
- Solution Purification
- Agglomeration and Percolation
- In-Situ leaching
- Pressure leaching including HPAL and POX
- Atmospheric leaching – bacterial, heap/column, agitation, acid, alkaline and more
- On-site Process Support
Testwork programmes are supported by extensive in-house analytical and mineralogical facilities and personnel experienced in the accurate measurement and analysis of metallurgical products including radionuclide concentrations.
Our leading edge mineralogy services including QEMSCAN®, X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), HyLogger™ and optical microscopy techniques. They provide quantitative data on the mineralogical characteristics of ores and metallurgical testwork products, and assist in optimising the response of ores to hydrometallurgical processing.