ALS combines industry best practice with expert knowledge to efficiently tackle our client’s corrosion issues.
Corrosion wreaks havoc globally, causing the loss of billions of dollars annually through the deterioration of structures, pipework and components. In addition to the direct financial losses from corrosion, billions of dollars are spent preventing corrosion from occurring in the first place.
The ALS Approach
The ALS advantage in detecting and managing corrosion problems stems from the combined skills and experience of our broad team of inspectors, technicians and engineers.
Our team provides a holistic solution by detecting corrosion, identifying the corrosion mechanisms and their root cause, and then consulting with the client on how to best investigate and mitigate corrosion. ALS's advice allows our clients to make confident decisions on how to manage corrosion challenges and thus reduce the cost of corrosion to their organisation.
- A combination of industry leading inspection capability with best practice access solutions, including drones, crawlers, robotic CCTV, 3D imaging, and rope access.
- Conventional and advanced non-destructive testing and inspection techniques to accurately and efficiently assess the extent of corrosion and map findings in easy to use data sets, ready for interpretation.
- Positive Material Identification (PMI) of alloys by portable, battery powered X-Ray Fluorescence equipment.
- Expert metallographic services, both optical and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), to examine the nature of corrosion at a microscopic level. ALS has laboratory and remote site capabilities.
- Chemical analysis of metals by Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES).
- Chemical analysis of corrosion products by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) and Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS).
- Fitness-For-Service assessment conforming to standards and codes.
- Repair plans conforming to standards and codes
- Mitigation strategies to reduce the effect of corrosion on assets, including alteration to the environment and alteration to the material.
- Plans and intervals for future inspection.
- Assessment of environmental corrosivity and the prediction of asset life.
- Materials selection and coating advice to suit specific applications.