An overview of ALS Singapore
More than 120 staff use the latest technology to service the Food, Environmental, Electronics, Pharmaceutical, Biological Fluid and Tribology sectors. ALS can provide a wide range of high quality solutions to clients in Singapore and South East Asia. With state-of–the-art facilities (4,800m2), the latest technologies and expert technical staff, ALS delivers high quality and timely sampling, analytical, and consulting services to clients in South East Asia.
Our staff consists of chemists, biologists, computer scientists, technicians, and support personnel. The diverse educational backgrounds and experience of our employees provide ALS the comprehensive skills required by a modern analytical laboratory. We take pride in our experience and professional dedication and are committed to providing the necessary resources to maintain and further develop our expertise to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Benefits of using ALS for laboratory testing and analysis
Our commitment to good science and personal service is backed by a thorough and constantly improving quality management system. We are evolving our services to improve your ALS experience. When working with ALS, clients can expect:
- Service delivery and laboratory result turnaround to meet your project requirements. This includes rapid turnaround on projects which are time sensitive and critical.
- Dedicated client and project management to provide ease of use.
- Technical resources to help solve problems.
- Extensive experience and deep industry knowledge through working with a wide range of clients and programs.
- World class laboratory facilities to provide an environment that supports quality and accuracy, and with a scale to run large client projects.
- Technology solutions to help manage your projects and laboratory data. This includes Webtrieve™, electronic data deliverables, and applications to support you in the field.
- Access to the latest analytical technology to achieve required limits of reporting.
- A global network that provides knowledge of emerging regulatory trends, and is supported by the release of regular technical bulletins and social media posts.
- A commitment to safety as a priority
ALS comprehensive range of capabilities and services
- Nutrition labelling
- Preservatives and additives
- Metals and Minerals
- Migration testing (food packaging)
- Edible Oils and Fats Testing
- General Food Chemistry Testing
- Shipment analysis
- Quality assessment for small to medium food factories
- Training courses in food safety and GMP
- Environmental sampling, equipment and hand swabbing
|Dairy producers||Processed foods|
|Drinks manufacturers (including water and soft drinks)||Ready to eat foods|
|Independent food producers||Fruit and vegetables|
|Food manufacturers||Meat and poultry|
|Hotels, restaurants and caterers||Packaging materials|
Raw Materials • Intermediates • Complementary Medicines • Pharmaceutical Products • Veterinary Products • Personal Care/Cosmetics • Household Products
Raw Materials, Pharmaceutical & Medical Products:
- Microbiological Examination
- Sterility Test
- Microbial Limit Test (MLT)
- Bacterial Endotoxins (BET)
- Bioassay/Microbial assay for antimicrobial products
- Growth Promotion Test (GPT)
- Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing (AET)
- Evaluation of disinfectants and antiseptics
- Microbial enumeration and identification test
- Physical and Chemical Testing
- Monographs Compliance
- Limit Tests (Heavy metals, Arsenic, Lead, Chloride, Sulfate, LOI, etc.)
- Trace toxic metals
- Flash Point (PMCC, COC)
- Controlled Environment & Process Validation
- Supply of agar plates for on-site monitoring
- Compressed gas microbial monitoring
- Clean room air and surface microbial monitoring
- RO/Purified water quality monitoring
- Biological Indicator – Total Viable Spore Count
Soil, sediment and solid waste:
- Environmental baseline studies (EBS)
- Environmental impact assessments
- Toxicity test for landfill
- Soil for civil engineering purposes
- Agricultural soil testing
- Solid waste classification
- Groundwater monitoring
- Surface water monitoring
- Waste water monitoring
- Sea water testing
- Drinking / Potable water testing
- Swimming pool water testing
- Asbestos identification and fibre counting
Air monitoring (sampling and analysis):
- Stack Emissions
- Ambient Air
- Industrial Hygiene (IH)
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Clean-room air quality monitoring
ALS Singapore is accredited with ISO 15189:2012 for medical testing.
Blood and Urine
- Toxic metals
- Exposed Chemicals and their Metabolites (eg. SPMA , TTMA , TCA)
- Creatinine Level
- Total Viable Microbial Count
- Bacterial Endotoxin
- Contaminants as per AAMI or ISO Standards
- Trace level Ionics Analysis of Electronics components and materials (E.g. IPC TM 650 2.3.28)
- Particle Counting and Identification (E.g. ISO 16232)
- Volatile Organic Compound of Electronic Components, Packaging and related materials.
- Semi and Non-Volatile Organics Residue analysis
- Trace Metal analysis
- Cleanroom Air VOC Analysis and Ionic Impinging
- Clean Dry Air (CDA) and Purified Gases VOC and Ionic Impinging
- Ultrapure and DI Water Analysis
- Temperature/Humidity Cycle
- Salt Spray Test
Failure Analysis and Micro Contamination Testing
- Microscope FTIR Analysis of Fibres, Microplastics, Organic Residues etc
- SEM EDX Analysis of Metallic and Inorganic particles, Surface Discoloration etc
- Crack Analysis of Moulded Parts
- Corrosion Assessment of Plated Surfaces
- Studies on Delamination of Adhesives
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) – Compositional Analysis
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) – Tg, Tm & Tc
Micro Metrological Measurements
- Surface Roughness
- Step Height
- Plating Thickness
The laboratory operates as a totally independent oil, fuel, coolant, and metalworking fluid analysis service and is part of the largest global laboratory network in the industry.
ALS Singapore can offer standard analysis packages and over 50 different specialised ASTM tests covering any combination of conditions, fluids, and applications.
- In-Service Lubricant Analysis
- Engine Coolant Analysis
- Diesel Fuel Analysis
- Metalworking Fluids Analysis
- Wear Debris Analysis
- Consulting and Training