Maintaining is challenging. With ALS assisting, your approach can be optimised.
Maintaining a complex operating plant, such as a mine site, oil and gas plant or power plant, optimally is a significant challenge. Site maintenance leaders typically co-ordinate a complex group of internal staff and various different contractors, within a constrained budget that is constantly being challenged for improved value and cost savings. Beyond these complex constraints, site maintenance leaders will manage these complex groups across planned maintenance activities and large-scale site shutdowns, each scenario creating its own challenges.
The ALS Approach
ALS believes in lowering the total cost of ownership of our client’s facilities and has a number of services available for site maintenance teams to help them identify the best inspection and maintenance practices for their site or sites. ALS can assist our customers, in the context of an asset management framework such as ISO 55000, to help develop strategic asset management plans and equipment maintenance plans. ALS can assist to drive this through to implementation of CMMS systems such as SAP.
ALS works with our clients to assist them answering questions such as:
- What damage mechanisms and failure modes should I be monitoring my assets for? Which failure modes are critical (FMEA, FMECA)? What is the optimal way to inspect or maintain this asset for its actual risks of failure?
- What maintenance tactics would be most appropriate?
- Do I need a Risk Based Inspection (RBI) program?
- Can I inspect the asset without taking it offline (Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII))?
- How can I best mitigate the risk of these failures?
- How can I maximise the amount of preventative inspection and maintenance I do on my plant and avoid costly break ins and plant shutdowns?
- How long should I allow to complete each asset inspection?
- How frequently should inspections occur? Can I extend out the intervals without increasing my risks to unacceptable levels?
- What is the most economical way to access this asset and complete inspections?
Through our team of engineers and inspectors, ALS offers the following services to assist maintenance staff in creating market leading inspection and maintenance plans:
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA and like techniques FMEA and FMESA) through our team of experienced engineers.
- The development of Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs, PITPs) and inspection strategies, based either on statutory requirements or, where appropriate, using Risk Based Inspection (RBI) to create better inspection outcomes.
- Development of strategic asset management plans and equipment maintenance plans.
- The review and optimisation of condition monitoring programs in accordance with the principles of ISO 17359 and other condition monitoring standards.
- The development of cost saving inspection approaches which take advantage of technologies such as advanced NDT techniques, rope access solutions, Remote Digital Visual Inspection (RDVI) and Remote Pilot Aircraft (UAV/ Drones).